How to Turn Around the Summer Slump
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 50 seconds
Summertime in Texas brings air conditioners working overtime, team members taking vacation time and often more relaxed time inside the office. As a result, projects can stall or continue to get back burnered.
Consider the benefits though of using this slower time to your advantage.
To fight the summer slump, tackle several ideas from the list below, wrap up those nagging marketing communications to-do’s and head into the second half of the year more prepared than ever before.
- Conduct a mid-year database cleanup to prepare for holiday outreach. Add new prospects and delete old or duplicate data.
- Update your company brand guidelines to incorporate updates of font options, color pallets and new applications. Remember to share the new brand guidelines across the company and with HR for onboarding.
- Scrub your corporate website for old content and messaging or adjustments for the second half of the year.
- While in cleaning mode, schedule a two-hour “Recycle Wednesday” for your team to turn off the computer screen and clean out file cabinets, drawers and that cluttered office closet.
- Develop your social media content calendar for Q3 and Q4 to include the knowns (trade shows, product launches, announcements) and the creative ideas (seasonal, corporate culture and behind-the-scenes content).
- Online corporate newsrooms can get out-of-date and away from you quickly. Identify what’s missing, and make a plan to upload within two weeks.
- Utilize summer interns for those projects that always seem to linger. Challenge them to add their own creativity to strengthen the finished product and surprise you!
- Design a compelling infographic on first half marketing communications results, and surprise your executive team at the next planning meeting with an at-a-glance they can’t help but share.
- Conduct an informal audit on your competitors for earned media, corporate messaging, SEO, marketing materials and social media engagement. Impress your CEO with this valuable perspective on the industry and how your visibility stacks up.
- Escape the fluorescent light and lead a half-day brainstorm off site with your team to create your 2016 2H wish list.
Enjoy beautiful summertime in Texas, both inside and outside the office. And best wishes for the most organized and prepared Q3 and Q4 yet.
As a full-service marketing agency, HCK2 is filled with knowledge workers. We communicate news and information in a variety of ways, whether through press releases, brochures, or websites, we thrive on developing creative ways to convey that information.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes, 11 secondsRead More »
In today’s world of marketing needs, demands are higher than ever before. Companies need their brand message to be on-point, their websites to achieve stronger user experience, and their recent news visible with top media outlets. Talk about a tall order! So what is the best path forward? Hire a marketing agency that operates on specialists, not generalists.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 14 secondsRead More »
In today’s digital world, social media is more necessary than ever. Brands are able to connect with their audience instantly and personally, making social media key to success in today’s digital world. The impact of real-data and intel to make informed business decisions makes social media a vital part of your business that can help achieve your company’s goals and objectives. With all this being said, a successful social media program takes resources and bandwidth to maintain, which is where some businesses fall behind.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 17 secondsRead More »
If we compare brands to plants and flowers, then marketing and communications can be likened to honeybees. In order to frame this analogy a bit more, we must first understand how bees work before explaining how it relates to marketing.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 33 secondsRead More »