Five P’s of PR Success
by Sue Goodger
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 36 seconds
I love using the mantra “prior planning prevents poor performance.” It applies to so much in my everyday life, but especially rings true as we get into a new year of marketing and PR campaigns. As we look ahead to the New Year, we reflect on how we did in 2016 and look for opportunities for improvement and growth.
That said, I’ve compiled 5 P’s to make 2017 a successful year of PR campaigns for your business:
- Plan ahead: Schedule a planning meeting (if your PR representative hasn’t already done so) to discuss successes and opportunities from the prior year, as well as to set goals for the upcoming year.
- Produce a timeline: Based on what you discuss in your planning meeting, you will be able to outline events and initiatives for the upcoming year. Knowing what you need to do in advance, create a calendar or timeline where everyone can easily reference what is coming up and stay on the same page.
- Plug away: Stay on task by sticking to your timeline (of course there will always be the occasional fire drill), but use your calendar to prepare well in advance for any upcoming initiatives. Preparation may include identifying your key audiences, approving a press release, etc.
- Present results: Anytime you work with a PR firm on an event, news distribution or campaign, they should always present results. Measuring success is how you set benchmarks, find out if you reach or exceeded your goals or if there is room for improvement.
- Prepare together: Never plan alone! This limits your access to success and ideas. Always consult your PR professional to discuss upcoming initiatives in order to produce strategic and strong results
Another cliché I often use is “the days are long, but the years are short. So, get your 2017 planning done now, because before you know it, you will be planning for 2018.
Many know HCK2 Partners for our work, strong relationships with clients, fun(ny) t-shirts and company events. But some don’t know that one of our pillars we pride ourselves on is community involvement and giving back to causes that have a deep place in our heart.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 25 secondsRead More »
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 45 secondsRead More »
As a full-service marketing agency, HCK2 is filled with knowledge workers. We communicate news and information in a variety of ways, whether through press releases, brochures, or websites, we thrive on developing creative ways to convey that information.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes, 11 secondsRead More »
In today’s world of marketing needs, demands are higher than ever before. Companies need their brand message to be on-point, their websites to achieve stronger user experience, and their recent news visible with top media outlets. Talk about a tall order! So what is the best path forward? Hire a marketing agency that operates on specialists, not generalists.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 14 secondsRead More »
- Eric Ojeda
- Julie Rapp
- Rachel McCormick
- Casey Cummins
- Ingrid Kibler
- Martin Eggert
- Taylor Nelson
- Jennifer Powell
- Joy Medellin
- Rachel David