The 2016 Social Media Strategies Summit
by Joy Medellin
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 23 seconds
Recently, I had the pleasure of attending the 2016 Social Media Strategies Summit in Dallas. While there, I met fellow social media marketers, learned from leading global brands’ social media managers and assisted HCK2’s Director of Social Media, Ingrid Kibler, in leading a workshop. The conference was a wonderful mix of small business Social Media Managers, Fortune 500 Chief Story Tellers and independent individuals wanting to broaden their social media knowledge. With such a diverse group, there was plenty to learn from every angle of the industry. Here are a few conference highlights:
- “Keep your team's morale high because it reflects in their writing for social media." - @joyhays #SMSsummit
- This quote was taken from AT&T’s Chief Story Teller, Joy Hays. Joy talked about the importance of telling your company’s story through content. During her presentation, Joy mentioned she sees a direct correlation between her employees’ morale and their quality of work. One of the ways AT&T combated this problem was the company cheer campaign, which was a low importance campaign designed merely to promote team morale.
- "Distribute content like a boss. Use organic, paid and employee advocacy for max exposure." - @iRyanPena #SMSsummit
- This quote was taken from MentorMate’s Social Media Manager, Ryan Peña. Ryan was the conference MC and spoke on industry tools and best practices for maximum reach for your brand’s content. His main point was to make all your channels work together to complement one another.
- "Let your results and audience dictate your content marketing spend." - @brianrweber #SMSsummit
- This quote is from On Target’s Director of Strategy, Brian Weber. Brian’s talk focused on letting your audience guide the content you produce. Look at the analytics and, in the words of Steve Jobs, “get rid of the crappy stuff and focus on the good.” Analytics will tell you what’s working and what isn’t, so pay attention.
- "We know our social media engagement drives sales because our audience tells us." - @DennysDiner team #SMSsummit
- This talk was given by Denny’s Senior Director of Brand Engagement, Erik Jensen, on the importance of engaging with your audience. By remaining timely and producing disruptive and personable content, Denny’s has managed to establish a loyal fan following.
- "Embrace your audience's culture and speak their language." - @DennysDiner #socialmedia team #SMSsummit
- Denny’s last tip was to tailor your content to your audience. The audience is king, so you better listen to them. Know what they care about and how to engage with them about it.
What social media tips do you have? Tweet them to us @hck2. We’d love to hear from you!
In today’s digital world, social media is more necessary than ever. Brands are able to connect with their audience instantly and personally, making social media key to success in today’s digital world. The impact of real-data and intel to make informed business decisions makes social media a vital part of your business that can help achieve your company’s goals and objectives. With all this being said, a successful social media program takes resources and bandwidth to maintain, which is where some businesses fall behind.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 17 secondsRead More »
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 34 secondsRead More »
There are few opportunities I cherish more than those involving the professional development of women entrepreneurs. When asked to speak at the Mary Kay Women’s Entrepreneurship Summit, I immediately thought of the women who influenced me and helped me achieve success in my career. I started as a young entrepreneur with the dream to one day own my own business.
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 5 secondsRead More »
I love using the mantra “prior planning prevents poor performance.” It applies to so much in my everyday life, but especially rings true as we get into a new year of marketing and PR campaigns. As we look ahead to the New Year, we reflect on how we did in 2016 and look for opportunities for improvement and growth.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 36 secondsRead More »
As we enter the New Year, students and recent graduates alike are preparing to take their bold next steps into the professional world with resumes and portfolios in hand. A task that can be as intimidating as it is exhilarating, landing your first job requires great preparation. With this in mind, HCK2 Partners opened its doors by hosting the inaugural HCK2 Discovery Day.
Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 15 secondsRead More »